Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back at It

Well, it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've been running consistently and enjoying it during the blog hiatus.  After a break from racing after the Oak Mountain 50k, it's time to pin on the race number and get back at it this Saturday for the XTERRA Oak Mountain Trail Marathon.  Should be fun, but with temperatures expected to reach 90, heat will be a factor.  This week has been cool, so not very good for heat preparation.  I feel good right now, so we'll see what happens.

Ran the Zoo Run 5k last weekend and had a lot of fun.  Finished in 18:07 for 5th overall and 1st in my new age group (30-34.)  I don't run many 5ks, and continue to take pride in the fact that I've run more marathons than 5ks, but this one was a fun atmosphere and the kids races at the end were extra special.  Anna and Luke both ran and received medals for their efforts.  Fun times!

That's it for now.  I'll provide an update after this weekend's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment