Tuesday, February 8, 2011

January Totals

January Total Miles: 356
   Off Days: 2 (1/30 and 1/31 - Family travel day and stomach bug)
   20+ Runs: 5
   Races: 1 (MS Blues Marathon)

January was a great running month for me, including my highest mileage week (94) and month ever.  With five runs over 20 miles, including three over 27 and a weekend featuring back-to-back 20+ days (22 Friday/ 27 Saturday), I feel very strong with the 50 miler coming up in just over three weeks. 

Most importantly, I was able to spend a considerable amount of time on the trails at Oak Mountain during January.  Each run out there has been enjoyable, and the time really flies by on the trails.  I completed two five hour runs during the month, and each seemed like only a couple hours.  For me personally, the difference between trail and road running is huge in terms of overall enjoyment.  Time in the woods doesn't feel like training, but rather a chance to enjoy the scenery.  Plus, Andon Briggs has joined me on a couple occasions, and his company certainly helps pass the time.

One more week of hard training, then a gradual three week taper for the 50 miler.  Getting close.

Verse:  "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn..."   -Isaiah 51:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment